Sunday, November 18, 2007

My mom and I slept in the study room last night. My teeeny tiiiny study room. Those of you who've been over to my house are probably going 'omg how and why!??!'. Let me tell you how many sleepy ppl there were in my cosy little 4-room apartment yesterday.

Me, my mom, dad, 3rd sis and husband, 2nd sis and husband, 3rd brother-in-law's elder brother, and 3rd brother-in-law's nephew, who's few years older than me, by the way. That makes 9 ppl, and I didn't include the 3 kiddies. How many bedrooms excluding the study(which's not a bedroom, obviously) do we have? 2.

Yeeeeep.

So there were sleeping bodies everywhere except the toilets and store-room and balcony and ceiling and walls.

It's fun, having such sleeping arrangements. Kinda like camping. It's not too fun having my right shoulder hurting like a bitch since 10am tho. Oh well.

I shld stop bitchin and move on to less bitch-worthy matters.

I'm starting on a new job tmr! And this time, it's permanent. Frikkin permanent, I shld add. Why?

COS I LOVE IT!!

I know it's too soon to say it, but it's perfect. It is THE job I've been almost fruitlessly looking for for a looooooong time. I don't even mind the fact that it pays pretty low, esp since the hours are mostly shorter than the office kind. Must work every saturday and sunday tho, which is, again, fine, cos I'll finish work at 6 or 7pm and therefore, I'll still be free for dinner dates!

*wiggles eyebrows*

Oh, you must be wondering. Customer care and administration at Z Fencing and KinderGolf, under the Z Sports franchise. United Square is abt an hour from my place.

I'm actually encouraged to study, y'know? I was told that I MUST take up those evening courses that I've been putting off for ages and that my schedule can be worked arnd, as long as my weekends remain free. They ACTUALLY CARE. And I was told all this during my interview. Beautiful!

After the interview, my supervisor-to-be asked me to send him an email containing my thoughts, concerns and such regarding the job and actual interview session; feedback lah.

Dear ****,

Thank you so much for the interview opportunity earlier today! I
indeed enjoyed my glimpse into what Z Fencing and KinderGolf does.

I find that I have since this afternoon, developed an interest for it,
as I have never dealt with anything regarding golf nor fencing, be it
work-wise or personally. I imagine it would be interesting to learn a
bit about the sports as well as improve my customer service skills. And
your workplace seems like a good place to do that as your
colleagues seem really friendly!

It's nice to see that there's priority given to staff too, instead of
just to the work to be done and service to be delivered. I'm talking
abt your encouraging me to continue my studies and that my classes can
be worked around, for my benefit, of sorts. It's refreshing, coming
across an organisation that is willing to be kind and reveals it
during the first interview itself!

But the only little glitch is that the salary range is pretty low.
Honestly, I don't come from a rich family and I fend for myself; when
I do further my education, I'll be paying for it. If offered the
position though, I'm sure I can work around that. I see a lot to be
learnt from working at Z Fencing and KinderGolf. You mentioned that
it's a stepping stone, and I see it the same way.

It's almost 12midnight now, and I should hit send to show you how
punctual I am in actual fact! :-p
(Note: I was a weee bit late for the interview. Teehee.)

I shall await your reply on Monday.

Thanks, once again!

Dhanya
9*** ****



And his reply:


Hi Dhanya,

well said and thank you. I'm glad that our work culture is something
you can relate to. We work hard to maintain a family environment and
look out for each other and our customers. It is important we enjoy our
work because of the high standards of professionalism we need to
maintain. This is something I'm proud to say that our team (teachers
and front line centre managers) reflect everyday.

I'll be making the final deliberations on the candidates today. I'll
get back to you by tomorrow latest. Your comments and concerns are
taken into consideration.

Thanks for keeping to the promise and replying. :-)


****
Director, Z Sports Group

Tel: **** ****




So, I can't wait for tmr! I'll be trained for a week, and from monday to wednesday, I start work at 10am, to end only at........ 1pm!!!!!

NOW HOW COOL IS THAT?!

I'll have alot of material to learn, tho. Which is why I'll be let off so early. Still, YAY!!!

Normal hours from Thursday. 11am to 6pm. No weekend duty this week. My last absolutely free weekend! Saturday evening's booked. If you want to see me, btr tell me fast ah.

*gets a dusty calendar out*

No comments:

Post a Comment