Saturday, August 7, 2004

Went out with Jay last night.



I want to say so many things but I can't. See, Sara'll be reading this. And I don't know if this is the best time for him to. Can't stop himself from going to my blog, he says. BAH. Maybe I shld change my blog add, like I told you, Sara.



Anyway, all I can afford to say about yesterday is that it was absolutely wonderful. And when I say wonderful, I really mean it, the whole sense of the word. Nothing less than that. :-)



Think it's time for me to ask myself a question, try to answer it and inevitabley hit 'Publish Post' feeling as unsatisfied as I did in the first place.



*ahem*



What makes a woman beautiful?



Is it the face? Conventionally beautiful big, almond-shaped eyes; a straight pert nose(not too broad, please); haughty high cheekbones; curvy, pouty lips and a chin that's not too big, not too small, not sticking out too much, not pointing down, not too this, not too that. And a clear forehead. Let's not forget clear, baby-butt-smooth skin.



Or is it the body? Perky boobs, big, but not too huge(36 inches); a 24-inch waist, if possible, 23; 36-inch hips(not too fleshy, please). No hair in sight except for a head full of thick (but not too thick, please), soft, fragrant, non-frizzy glorious hair. Thin arms with long feminine fingers; legs like a baby giraffe; long, graceful neck and a beautiful, clear back with no spare-tires, love handles and the like.



I have just described the perfect woman. Or have I?



See, my real question is, what IS perfection?



People say, and I do agree with them, that perfection is relative. But how relative is it really? How come so many people cite Aishwarya Rai, Miss World 1994 as the perfect beauty when at the same time, they say Catherine Zeta-Jones is perfect? These individuals look very different from each other. Very different faces, very different bodies. So if one is perfect, how can the other be too?



Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against these people. Lots of other celebrities, men included, have the reputation of being the best of the human species in terms of looks. Think Bradd Pitt, Hrithik Roshan. These people aren't identical. But they're all perfect. Now how can that be? Are they perfect in their own way? What makes them so wonderful that we, the commoners, aren't perfect ourselves? Or are we perfect too, in our own way? But, if everyone's perfect, what does being perfect mean anymore?



What IS perfection?



I have been called perfect a couple of times. There's this time I remember clearly. My sister's friend, a girl from Germany, stayed in my house for 2 days. Since my sister was busy with work, I had to keep her entertained and I enjoyed her company, lots. Her name's Anja (pronounced as Anya, just like my mail-add. How about that, huh?) So she was going back to Germany and I couldn't go with her to the airport since I had school. My sister did and Anja told her this about me: I'm beautiful, I've got a nice body, I'm smart and I'm such a sweetie. I'm perfect.



When I heard that, I was very flattered. VERY. Then I got thinking. Why am I perfect to her? What makes me so perfect in her eyes? Am I really that good? No, I'm not. So why did she say that? I dunno. I know I'm good-looking but I'm not breath-takingly beautiful. Nor do I have such a wonderful character. And I've got huge thighs. So what's it that's perfect?



Then I got thinking more. How come I'm not perfect? How come huge thighs can't be perfect? Who's idea of perfection do we follow? Who made up these rules of perfection. Who can say perfection is relative and truly agree?



Must go now, mom's screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment