Friday, January 28, 2005

I was watching Jeans the other day. It's a tamil movie, and I've got no idea why it's called Jeans. I mean, the movie's got no connection with denim stuff! Well Aishwarya Rai and Prashanth did wear jeans at some shots. Mmm. It wld make sense if it was called Genes cos the movie's got 2 pairs of twins. *shrugs*



Anyway! There was this song where they'd be singing and dancing at all seven of the then current 7 Wonders of the World. I just love her clothes, man. Especially this black gown with a billowing sorta skirt. So beautiful! *gushes* She was wearing it when she was dancing near The Leaning Tower of Pisa, I think. Is that how you spell 'Pisa'?



I was wondering, who chooses the 7 Wonders of the World? I heard nowadays they do it by holding online polls. Mmm.



Y'know, I don't think Taj Mahal is a symbol of love. I mean, yes, it is beautiful, and the story behind it is quite romantic. But Shah Jahan didn't build the shrine himself. He was moping at a distance, watching it being built. If he had built it himself, or more realistically, at least helped in the building of it, it'd have been much more romantic, and much more appreciate-able. It's not the thought that counts, cos thoughts come easy. And him, being a rich king, can easily have something built, at an order. He shld have sacrificed time and energy and maybe even blood to build it if he wanted show how much he loved Mumtaj. Then again, I heard he wasn't feeling too hot when she died. He was a sick man. It's the workers, the skilled craftsmen who made Taj Mahal wat it is today. Also, the designers, architects.



Oh, I heard Shah Jahan was kinda evil. He ordered the thumbs of his top architect to be cut off, so that he wldn't be able to do a replica of the monument. That's a big no-no, if you don't want ill-feelings directed towards you. The architect was so pissed (understandabley) that he decided to do some 'final touch' to the Taj Mahal, which resulted in the almost constant dripping of water from the top of it. A small scratch in the perfectness of its splendidness. Sad huh? But it sure makes it interesting.



*yawn*



I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment