Long time no blog, eh? Well that's partly bcos I've got no mood, and mostly bcos I've got no time. MSN chatting can rob you of blogging time. But I'm kinda free now, so here I am! *beams*
Guess wat? It's 19th December. And that means.....I'm 18!
*extensive somersaulting, watches Kishan gasp*
So many yrs feeling 18, and finally, I am. Happified. :-D
Guess who was the 1st to wish me? Nope, you'll nvr guess. Actually, maybe you wld. Ah heck. It was my ex.
*audience gasp and go "Huh???!"*
I know! I was super surprised to see his name on my phone screen when he called. It was a little before 12. I hesitated, and picked up the phone. He wished me happy birthday, ofcos. Then he passed the phone to Karthi, his best friend, who wished me too, and passed the phone back to him. And we talked a bit, for 5 min or so. As usual, he joked half the time. It felt so weird talking to him after so long. And I still felt so guilty for doing wat I did. I was a bitch and I know it. But at least I didn't stick on with him for fun. Now that'd be revolting. Don't know how ppl do that, really. Hope they plummel into shit and die.
Anyway, yeah. We talked, and I didn't really know wat to say. So the conversation was short, but very pleasant. I thanked him for wishing me, and we hung up. I was a little happy after that. A sort of satisfaction, knowing that he's doing fine. Call it guilt if you want. Cos that's wat I'm calling it too.
When I was getting off the phone with my ex, there was this other line going. I hurriedly picked it up, wondering who it was cos my phone didn't recognise it. The person went , "Haaappy Birrrthdeey." I went, "Huh?" not bcos I didn't understand, but bcos I cldn't place the voice, and the person was obviously not sober. I asked who it was, and he said "Eet's me." Then it hit me. JIJAY!
His voice sounded so different cos he was high! His speech was, ofcos, very slurred, and he was talking in an accent, with no 'lah's and 'ah's. It's not a bluff accent. He grew up mingling with whites, so it's not put on. It seems that he started talking in Singlish only in primary 4!
Mom's screaming. Be back later!
So yeah, he sounded very different, but still sorta like himself, you get? And he sounded so adorable due to the slurredness of speech! He said quite a few things that surprised me to some extent, cos I had no idea in hell wat exactly he thought of me. He got me blushing, really. *blushes again* I was wondering if he'd meant it or not, when he said that he's gonna rmbr wat he'd said the next day cos he's only high, not drunk. And when he's high, he's revealing his innermost feelings, it seems. And today, when I caught him online, he said he's got no hangover. Means, he wasn't drunk.
*floats*
So I talked to Jay for an hour or so (his poor friend got arnd half an hour of it charged to his phone) and it was only then that I got to check the msgs I got. Sorry for replying so late, twinnie! A bit later, Hannibal called and tortured me with stupid qns that I answered thru clenched teeth, before wishing me much later in the convo. Hmph. Stupid arse you, Nantha! Oh, and Venga smsed me at 12 too. Sweet of him to rmbr. :-)
I went to sleep arnd 2am, with Madhu snoring softly by my side. Oh, and she wished me too! She wished me with the rest of my family. They rmbred it was my birthday only at 1am cos they were too busy watching tv. My brother-in-law didn't talk to me at all.
I didn't do much today. I stayed home and read a little. I got scolded alot though. My mom's frown never left her face. She said horrible things to me, worse than any she had said before. I tried my best not to cry. I cldn't take it though, so I left the kitchen, where she was doing the scolding, locked myself in my room and cried my heart out.
I'd nvr have guessed there were so many things in me that she hated. She hates the way I talk, the way I dress, the way I love my friends, the way I love and trust in my relationship with Jay, the way I live, even the way my expression tends to be dreamy most of the time. I've only mentioned a few hated traits. It's a wonder she doesn't hate me. I'm not so sure about that now though.
It's 1.47am now. My birthday's over. I can't say it was fun while it lasted. All I can say is, it's a good thing this day'll happen only once.
No comments:
Post a Comment