Something extremely freaky just happened. My 2nd brother-in-law just complimented me! Well, he sorta did. I just heard him say it 3 minutes or so ago, to my mom. They were having a convo while the commercials were on.
"Janani's sister actually looks pretty, y'know? She looks like Dhanya."
My jaw hit the floor and I'm sure it'll come back up 3 hrs later. He NEVER compliments me. He normally goes on and on about how my lips are too pouty, how my forehead's all biggish and weird, how my feet are too big, the list goes on. The only nicest thing he's said to me is that I'm the spitting image of my 2nd sister, who's beautiful. I think she's much prettier than me, in a fairer, more indian, wholesome way. It's not like I look like a bad-assed girl, but she's just much more pleasing to look at, especially to the Indian eye. At least that's wat I think.
Anyways, yep, he complimented me and I'm still not over the shock. *jaw shivers on the cold floor*
I seem to be getting loads of compliments latey though. Everyone seems to be complimenting me on the way I look, almost all the time. I went to Eswari's house yesterday, and Hannibal and Daniel came too. I met Hanni first, and once he saw me, he went, "Hey, you look pretty!" Oh oh, and he said my lips looked smaller!! Wooo!!!
*somersaults*
Anyways, yeah, I smsed both Hanni and Daniel that I'd reached home, cos it was pretty late, around midnight. And Hanni complimented me again, saying I looked nice, and Daniel said I really looked beautiful! Oh oh, and he called me the night before, which was Deepavali, and we talked for an hour or so, and he was telling me how pretty I am and all! Gosh these guys really know how to make a girl happy! *blushes, gushes and dies*
I know all of you must be puking, but oh do listen, cos there's more more more!!
*jumps about in ecstacy*
There are like, so many ppl who have told me I look like Aishwarya Rai, Miss World 1994. Seriously, SO MANY. It started in primary 5, with my sister telling me I looked like her upside down. Spastic, I know. But later on, in secondary school, more and more ppl were noticing the resemblance. I've got relatives in Malaysia, Seremban, whom I don't see often. The last time I saw them was just after my O Levels, can you believe that? Well yeah, there's this aunty who fell into the habit of describing me as the 'Aishwarya girl' cos there are way too many names of cousins and aunts to rmbr. And, I've got another aunty in JB who keeps staring at me from time to time and saying I look like 'that girl from Devdas'. There was this guy who worked with me in Escape Theme Park, who told me I looked like Madhuri Dixit, though. Puh-lease. *rolls eyes* She's so different from me! Besides, she's old.
Oh and back to wat I was saying, when I get introduced to ppl, relatives and friends alike, I often get the "Oh hey, you look like Aishwarya Rai, y'know?" line. This is like, happifying! I got to admit, she does look marvellous, though it's mostly due to the 9 layers of make-up. Seen pictures of her without make-up, ppl? She looks VERY ordinary. And with the make up piled on, she's suddenly got a good bone structure, cheekbones and all! And she acts so smart-assed during interviews, using bombastic words and raised eyebrows, but if you listen carefully to wat she's saying, it doesn't make much sense, or anything interesting to listen to. Ok, enough bitch-talk.
I just read thru wat I've written so far. God I sound so bimbotic and vain! Oh well. Can't hide from my true self, can I?
Oh shit. I've gtg.
I've spent so much time writing shit when I was actually supposed to write about Sash and me. We met today!!! We watched Princess Diaries, and I totally enjoyed the time I spent with her! Sash Jolie Banderas, we are so going to have to go out soon! Earrings, girl! WOOOO!!!
God. Gtg. Nite!
No comments:
Post a Comment