Wednesday, March 20, 2013


My god, I hate how this blog looks! It looks even worse on a mobile screen.


See what I mean? Okay it doesn't look terrible, but it certainly does not look like something I'd pick out for myself. Trouble is, the programming that supports lots of the newer features isn't the simple html stuff that I'm accustomed to, and the codes now look like scatters of bird feed. Ah well, I'll try work on it. I feel like an old person grumbling about new developments and I think such behavioural inclinations within one's self should be discouraged.

I applied for an digital copywriting internship at a site that sells deals, and I guess I passed the writing & proof-reading tests, cos I've been asked to start mid-April. SO SEXCITED, OMG. I know it's just an internship during which I'll be paid a few bags of peanuts, and it's only gonna be short pieces on products, but this will be the absolute first time that I will be doing something that I have enjoyed since I was in primary school, professionally. I've always had writing as a hobby cos it comes naturally to me. I don't think I'm very good, tho. I used to be so much better, and I don't think even that standard could be considered very good. But I still like doing it, just like how lousy singers sing at the top of their voices. Comforting and happy-making habits.

There's a big minus point to this internship, sadly. The ppl who have interned here so far were students gaining experience, before continuing with their studies, and I'm the first intern to have had a decade's worth of working experience in totally unrelated fields, now looking for a major change in job scope. There isn't a clear progress ladder that I can have my hopes on, so all I can do is pray that the company's plans to expand go through soon enough so that I can try land a permanent job here. Can't be interning for too long, I've plans to study and a wedding to pay for.

They say that achieving what you want depends on your thoughts and mindset. Hardwork and opportunity is important, but there's also what you put out to the universe. What the universe gives back is what you want for yourself. Apparently. Laws of attraction.

Okay universe, I want to win the lottery this week. Five grand will do, just to pay off some bills and to keep me going through the internship. And I want this internship to go so well, they create a permanent position for me, expansion or not. I want to be the expansion. Also, please take away some of my arm jiggles. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment