I, the righteous.
The 4D queue was long on Sunday, and I HAD to stand in it cos my brother-in-law (the huge, tattooed, and hairy one) wanted his numbers bought. Worth $47, and that too lent some seriousness and necessity to the whole thing. So yeah, I was standing in line, and was just about 3 ppl away from the counter when this big middle-aged indian guy approaches me with his 4D slip and some cash, asking me to buy his numbers for him. I took a look at the looong string of ppl behind me. Wanna know what I said wanna know what I said wanna know what I said?
"Oh. I don't think it's fair."
I know. I'm bloody amazed myself. Think what, I indian, you indian, so I do you a favour is it? You wait long long (literally)!
I, the lucky.
Struck consolation prize, which's $60. My brother-in-law told me to redeem it, and keep the change, which means the 4D tickets paid for themselves with $13 to spare, which's for me. Yay me!
I, the not-so-lucky.
I had no time to collect the cash cos of work and all, so I passed it to my mom to redeem for me. The winning ticket(which's of carbon paper) got crumpled a little, and my dear daddy felt it necessary to iron the damned thing. He placed 3 layers of cloth over it. And ironed.
Bye bye, 60 bucks. Most saddeningly, bye bye $47 invested in absolute SHIT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment