Saturday, August 16, 2008

The water in the flask wasn't boiled, so I got it going and went down to try talk to the kitchen help (I hate that they've employed non-english speakers. chinese nationals! language barriers are not lovely like in Love Actually. they are exasperating, especially at work). After an eternity spent doing hand gestures and mentally banging my head against the wall, I came up to see that the water was still boiling. So I threw some coffee powder into my mug and went down again to see if there was anyone arnd to give me a ride out. I found noone, so I came up to the office, decided I needed to pee, locked up and skipped to the toilet, did what I had to, and got back to the office. I set the photocopier in mass-printing mode, sat myself down, and started filling out some order forms. Few minutes later, realising that I haven't had my coffee yet, I grunted and stepped out to the pantry, only to find that my mug was missing, coffee powder and all! I was wondering who'd wanna steal my mug, and got back into the office, filled with puzzlement. I sat myself down again, and plain in sight, was my big, comfy mug.




I now genuinely wonder, how the heck did my mug get to my table, with hot coffee in it too?

There are so many things in my mind (besides work. work's the smallest of my worries), I'm getting scatter-brained. Oh. Correction: even more scatter-brained! Kinda interesting tho, leaving little mysteries for myself to solve. Ha.

Isn't it weird how it sails smooth for a while, and with no warning (actually, sometimes, with warning), the boat develops holes in the bottom and you get into a state getting the water off it while attempting to seal the holes? Ok, I'm talking bullshit here cos I know nuts about boats. I find comfort in coming up with analogies and metaphors when in confusion or disappointment or frustration or mild despair. And in happiness too! Jay shld know.

My manager ate my prata. =(

I was so kind to him this morning; I shared my pasta with him! And that's not just because he gave me a ride to work. I was genuinely feeling generous, as usual. And he repaid my food-kindness by gobbling up the one prata I ordered. =( Oh well. Guess I'll see if I look fantastic in my dress at the registration, and give him silent thanks if I do.

My mom's waiting for me at Simei. Toodles!

P.S: In that pic, do you see a small transparent container with pieces of tissue and a stone on it? Between the bottle of lotion and the Tigger stationery holder? That's where Tack rests when I go home for the day. He's now sleeping in late on account of it being a Saturday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment