Oh oh, I'll be flying off to India soon. In case you're thinking I was talkin abt the sky and clouds just so I can progress to this topic, you're wrong. I AM lame, but not THAT lame.
So, back to India! We shld be leaving Singapore middle or end August, and my trip shld last abt 2 weeks. I've been wanting to go the past few years cos the last time I was there was so long ago; December 1997. My 11th birthday was spent touring Bangalore and hurriedly travelling back to Madras in a van. My sister and I were at the backseats, playing 'doctor and patient'(not the kinky version ofcos), writing fake prescriptions and signing them off with fake names like Shitothiri Manangkatti. I think Dr.Manangkatti was diagnosed with tummy problems herself.
I'd much prefer going to India some other time, to tell the truth. I've quite a bit to do in Singapore, besides work, like stuff that's got to do with my R.O.M(which's GOD, only 4+ months away?!?!) and some other personal stuff. Plus, I wanted to start on my course asap, but now, for obvious reasons(in case it's not obvious to you, I don't wanna miss 2 weeks' worth of lessons at the very beginning of it), I can't. It being an almost fully sponsored holiday makes it a bit btr, tho. You must be wondering why the hell my holiday expenses are subsidised, especially since I'm a working adult(or so they choose to say at convenient times).
See, the intial plan was that my mom, dad, 3rd sister, her hubby and their baby go on the trip. I guess my mom quite suddenly realised that I'll be home alone that way. So, she insisted that I pack up and stay at this other sister's place while they're gone. I, being the typical Saggitarian who hates restrictions, of which there will be plenty of had I agreed, refused. And there's no way I can stay with my other sister(I SWEAR I'VE A THOUSAND SISTERS), cos there's no space, not even for a growth-stunted rodent to wiggle its whiskers. Ofcos, I absolutely will not be allowed to live alone, not with the rapes and murders happening here. Like that murder of the 18-yr-old indian girl in Ang Mo Kio that I'm sure you heard or read abt yesterday. We're to shift to Ang Mo Kio in a few weeks.
Bleurgh.
I managed to get Muthu to agree to be my housemate for 2 weeks, which my mom considered to be an okay idea. I was all excited abt the fun we were gonna have(Muthu actually went, "But the good kinda fun right?") and was thinking of hosting a mini movie marathon when my mom popped my parade by calling me while I was being given a ride home from dinner with Jay's family and informing me, "It's settled. You're coming with us."
"Ah? Coming with you? WHAT??!"
" You're coming with us lah. No peace for me, leaving you here."
"But I only have 6 days leave now! Like that I must take unpaid leave!! I got things to pay for!! How?!?!?!?!!"
"We'll sort out your money issues later ok. Just know that you're going."
Thanks for the freedom of choice, Ma. Oh well. After working everything out, I've realised that I'll be forking out SGD200 for the whole trip. My mom is gonna pay for absolutely everything else, including my shopping sprees. Now that, is a frikkin sweet deal. I'm most definitely warming up to the idea of taking a few days unpaid leave, cos my mom says she won't be expecting any monetary contributions from me in September since I won't have much to spare. I think she's in a very very generous mood. Probably cos she's glad I'm not putting up a fight.
You guys want anything from India?
P.S: Changed the song! I'm sure I've gotten everyone sick of the Bittersweet Symphony. But weirdly, I'm not.
P.P.S: I bought myself a pair of blue contacts a few months ago for the heck of it. I wore it out last week to give Jay a scare. But he didn't blink an eye. Dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment