I shall move on to brighter stuff!
I enjoyed Deepavali tremondously! It's weird how the arrival of the day always and automatically gives me such a good feeling; I feel warmth and fuzz in my stomach(and it's not just the rum cakes and the baking soda (I have no idea why and how, but this keeps becoming a link to a search for baking soda whenever I publish it. like wtf? is the same for you guys?) in the baked stuff). My sister put up flickering lights at our windows and they looked so pretty! I went to sleep with them flickering away on my smiling face on Deepavali eve. Absolutely love that feeling.
On Deepavali itself, we woke up and bathed and stuff and prayed, and finally got down to eat breakfast at abt noon. You might think it's just a once in a while thing, having a meal this late, but it's pretty normal behaviour for my family, y'know. We always have our meals late, and it's only once in a blue moon that we have them on time. There was once when my whole family sat down to a dinner of pizza and rojak and 1am. Weird shits, yeah?
Well anyways, we had an absolutely scrumptious breakfast of mutton curry and thosai(I LOVE that combo) wihle watching tv. The tv was on the WHOLE day and my mom didn't scream even once, at least, not abt the tv being on. Sweet, eh? So guests came, and guests went, and I spent a very lazy afternoon, waiting for the arrival of night, and ofcos, of Nan and Jay. I'm sorta used to waiting for Nan to come, y'know. I thought I was always late, but my god, she surpasses me by shitloads! I'm almost always late(yes, ALMOST always) but you can be sure(most of the time) that I won't be more than half an hour late. She, however, will be at least an hour late. You might say it's my karma catching up on me, but I don't really mind waiting for her...cos the rewards are great. *winks lecherously*
Jay came first(wearing lovely white cotton pants) at 7ish, bringing wajit with him. I loved it! His mom made it. Time to make friends with the lady, really. Good wajit. *floats in wajit-flavoured saliva* He sat down, and talked to my uncle whom Nan(who came a while later, wearing a gorgeous off-white netty-silky punjabi suit) had apparently worked with once. Small world, eh?
After they had dinner, we hopped over to Babu's place. I like his house; reminds me of the house I had in woodlands years ago. Miss that place. =( Oh well.
I had a really really mini-dinner there, just cld not eat. Too much rum cake! It was nice seeing Genie, Donkey, Babu and Prabu again. Bunch of whackjobs! Umm..very nice whackjobs at that. *gulps*
Nan's been waiting for ages to watch Chandhramukhi and they were showing it on tv, so we we decided to stay till the movie ended. Nan was freaked!!
Aren't you freaked too? Specially for you, Nanio. *smiles sweetly*
Nan and me, at Babu's house. Jay took this pic. I look like I've got something stuck up my arse. (Shut up, twinnie.) Weirdly, Nan looks like she's grabbing my boob.
Prabu took this. I look eww.
Ah...eye-candy! Madhu's sticking her tongue out at me.
She looks so beautiful in her traditional clothes!
Mrityun baby's anklet-clad feet. :-D
Ah, there are now a fresh batch of visitors in the house. Gotta go make tea. Toodle-loo!
P.S: Note to self: Plan for Halloween 2006.
No comments:
Post a Comment