Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Was walking home today from the Pasir Ris MRT station. I normally take a bus, but I wanted to think some things through, and which better way to do that then while having a nice walk home, yeah?

So, I was strolling with a slight frown on my face, when a white Mercedes pulled up beside me. I didn't look, but the driver was calling to me with a frantic, "Excuse me! Excuse me!!" He wanted directions. Here's what the convo was like:

Him: Hi, do you know where the 200-something blocks are?
Me : Oh, they're the other way round. These blocks here are 500s, and further down the road are 700s, so they're all the way back there. *points and gets ready to go*
Him: Mmm...I can't find them, you know.
Me : Oh, umm, they shld be there.
Him: And you are?
Me : What, my name?
Him: *nods* You are?
Me : *thinks about it for a while* Dhanya. Rite, the blocks are there. See y-
Him: Are you a student?
Me : Umm, no.
Him: Working?
Me : No.
Him: Oh...ok. I'm afraid I cannot find the block, you know. Could you show me the way? I'll drop you off at your place.
Me : No, it's ok, it's a short way home. *starts contemplating being rude*
Him: Oh...you sure?
Me : Yah. The blocks are easy to find. Just make a U-turn.
Him: Oh...in case I can't find the blocks, can I call you? Can I have your number?
Me : Nah, that's ok. You'll find them. Bye. *starts walking away*
Him: Oh, ok then. Thanks! *drives away*


Can you say lame? I didn't see him at the other side of the road as I walked on, which means he didn't make a U-turn. He probably wasn't even looking for any block.

Crap, gtg. Got stuff to update. Will do so in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment