Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Madhu woke me up this morning with a wrestling-style slam on my back with her knees. Let me tell you one thing: SHE'S BLOODY STRONG. AND SHE'S NOT LIGHT.



Oh wait, that's two things, yeah?



I was so pissed, I shouted at her, very harshly, "Madhu. STOP IT." She froze with her knees bent (cos she had decided to slam me again). Her face changed, from gleeful to shocked, and finally, to sad. She slowly walked out, and went to another room to lay down on the bed and wallow in self-pity. I felt a kinda guilty, but not immediately. See, being woken up by a knee-slam does not make for a cheery mood.



Anyway, I got up and found her lying sideways, waiting for me to come comfort her. I kissed her little back, and started cooing stuff about her being a naughty girl and how I still love her no matter wat, but she still must refrain from such naughtiness, yadda yadda. She made a 'Hmph. Go away, you shit.' sorta face. After some tickling and rasberry-blowing, she was back to normal, which's doing some weird-assed dance movements and asking me to follow them, with no audible music. :-D



I've been shouting at Madhu quite a bit lately. Wait, not really shouting. More like reprimanding. Sometimes, I shout, and sometimes I even beat her. It really breaks my heart to do it but frankly, I've got no choice. She's very smart, and usually, smartness in kids equates to a higher level of mischief. I love mischievious children, but sometimes, they're too much and you gotta do something about it to make sure they don't go out of hand. Afterall, it only makes them a better person.



Some parents do it too much, though. And they do it too hard. I see some mothers beating their kids very hard in the supermarket or bus or somewhere extremely public, and I just hate them. They go about beating their kids as if they're little devil incarnates. And the kids'll be wailing and either squirming or standing still. Wat puzzles me is, often the kids are told to stop crying and they mostly won't, so they get slapped in the face or thighs. The child sobs harder and wails like a siren, only to have more pain inflicted upon himself, which gets him to cry longer and harder. It's stupid, I tell you.



Oh well. Mom's screaming. Must run.

No comments:

Post a Comment