If you used to visit this space way back, you'd know about the many many many times that I was approached by men who were absolutely NOT my type while walking home from the mrt station, and that they always turn up from behind (sigh). Since moving to ang mo kio though, I've had no such disturbances during my wonderfully peaceful walks home TILL a few nights ago. Double sigh.
I was contemplating on the pros and cons of making a small detour to get some minced meat noodles (the coffeeshop 15 min away from my home sells seriously fantastic minced meat noodles. my stupid boy agrees!) when I felt like I was being watched. I noticed the shadow of a man in my pathway, and did a little sigh. In the vehemence of my sighing, I tripped a little on a crack in the pavement like a typical indian heroine and this chinese guy in his late 30s/early 40s went, "Oh sorry! Sorry sorry!"
I did a quiet 'wtf...'.
He fished out his mobile and asked if it was too dark, and therefore if I needed illumination from his phone. I politely declined. So he proceeded to talk to me a while, and when he arrived at the bus stop where he apparently had to wait at for a friend, he told me I forgot something.
Me: What?
Him: Your number lah. Don't have your number then how to contact you?
Me: I have a boyfriend. I told you.
Him: Nvm lah, can be friends what.
Me: HAHA. Don't want lah.
Him: Aiyah okay lah. Must wait for my friend here. Bye, see you!
Me: Yah.
You might be wondering what the hell I'm doing actually replying to him, and my reasoning is this; it's 10+ in the night, and I'm walking home alone. I'd really prefer not to piss off some stranger who's tendencies I'm not aware of. Personally think that ignoring someone is a lot more rude than refusing to give him your number.
Oh and yesterday afternoon, at nephew #3's birthday party, a self-appointed video-camming middle-aged fellow asked me if I cld have the birthday boy on my lap, and ask him a few questions (happy birthday, do you like your birthday so far, did you get many presents, etc etc) so that he can film the whole thing. I obliged, but it didn't work out very well cos my nephew just wanted to run around in the drizzle. The guy then told me he did videography and photography, and he cld pass me his number, so that we can talk.
Me: Talk? Talk about what?
Him: Talk. Umm...talk...
Me: ???
Him: So...where do you work?
He insisted on passing me his number, so I just took it to cut the convo short, afterwhich he told me to give him a missed call, which I never did, ofcos. I asked my sister about him. He's apparently really unpopular with the ladies. Figures.
Time to wash my hair with tea! Toodles for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment