Sunday, August 29, 2010

http://www.aware.org.sg/2010/07/my-short-skirt-invites-you-to-violate-me/

Of all the comments, I agree with this;

'Robin
July 29, 2010 at 3:49 pmI think some of this stems from the way some (of course not all) men split women into a dichotomy: those that you marry and those that you f@ck.

In both cases the woman is seen purely in terms of her value to men instead of being recognized as an individual.

This little survey drills down on the topic with more specifics: http://bit.ly/dyKYBx
'


and this the most;



'Wake Up
August 3, 2010 at 10:26 pmThese guys are not raping the hot girl. Nobody is raping the hot girl. They are too scared stiff of her to even try get her number.

Tall talk of rape of the hot girl is not rape. It’s sour grapes.

The rapist doesn’t go after the girl he thinks is too good for him, who laughs at how pathetic he is.

He rapes the one he think he can dominate, the one he can overpower. It’s about power, not attraction.

Yes drunker makes her easier prey. But the girl on the train was not drunk.

The rapist is looking for the girl he thinks is weak, who won’t report him, who will fear him, who he can threaten, who he thinks will feel too guilty or scared to do anything about it afterwards… Whether this girl is dressed as a nun or a call girl he doesn’t really care.

Later the excuse may be “the skirt was too high” “the jeans were too tight” “the lipstick too red” “the look too tempting” but it’s all just to try wriggle out of the truth of the crime and sadly we buy into the story. “Maybe she did play a part… may she was too tempting.” BS.

Yes don’t get so high that you don’t know where you are and who you are with. Yes don’t be so friggin stupid as to go into a flat or on to a boat with 6 guys you don’t know. These are all stupid moves.

But if you want to rock that outfit when you are walking down the street or in a train, then you go. Guys always talk shit and they always will.
'





It's so true, it doesn't matter what you're wearing. When I got chased in the train by an unfamiliar dick which was up at a 90 degree angle, I was wearing a turtle neck under a big brown knit granny cardigan that covered my ass, long black pants and covered flats. And big nerdy specs. It was one of those bleurgh days where I didn't give a damn what I looked like...which was just as well, considering. Turd actually spotted me waiting for the train and decided to come over and try his darndest sticking his member to my ass the next 5 minutes. I know this is incomparable to rape, but if I'd been in some deserted place, I wld've had a much worse day.

Just a few days ago...thursday night, I think, I got a bit of a scare cos I was waitin to cross a traffic light at selegie area, and this big person seemed to appear out of nowhere right behind me, with too little space between us. I stepped away to my right and saw from the corner of my eye that it was this man with long straight hair which is EXACTLY how the turd was like. My heart sank almost to my feet, when I saw boobs and realised it was just a slight giant of a woman. Argh.

Anyway, yes. No need to dress provocatively or be pretty. As long as you look like you have a vagina, you're 'asking for it'. Also depends on luck I guess. Men have obviously stronger bodies and if I'm fated to cross dark lonely paths with a rapist, I'll just hope he doesn't hurt me enough to need hospitalisation or, die. But, ofcos, I'll do the best I can to get him caught.

Ah well. In a world where a 6-month-old baby girl can get raped with her arms tied behind her back (was he really anticipating that much physical resistance?) and thrown down a rubbish chute, you really can't expect much.

No comments:

Post a Comment